Our track record is pristine… Gateway to Iceland prides itself with a 90% success rate in this season and 80 % last season on viewing the Aurora when conditions were favorable to operate the tour. So go with the professionals at Gateway to Iceland to view this magnificent natural light show in Iceland.
- The Northern Lights Tour is operated every day the conditions are right, including weather, clouds and solar activity. The best thing to do is sign up for a Northern Lights Tour at the beginning of your visit, which gives you leeway in case conditions are not favorable on your preferred night.
- We do appraise the situation daily and before we make a decision on whether we go or not we look at all the latest data and weather reports. We only go out when we think it is a good chance to see the lights and sometimes the weather or solar energy is just not favorable (on average we cancel about 40% of the time).
- If you go out with us and no lights are seen you can go one more time with us free of charge the next night we go out (give us a call to reserve your seat!), or if you prefer a ticket to the Aurora Reykjavik museum, a good choice to have if the forecast for the next few days is totally cloudy…
- Please make sure to verify the tour is going ahead on the very day of the tour, choose from the following options:
- WEBSITE: At 6:30 pm each day we will post it on our website if we need to cancel the tour.
- HOTEL – FRONT DESK: After 6:30 pm each day we will send notices to hotels
- PHONE: After 6:30 pm give us a call; +354 534-4446
Duration 3 – 4 hours
Details Tour in Small Group (max 19 pax)
Free pick up from hotels
Available September to mid April
Also as a Private Tour – contact us for a quote
Pick Up Time
Sept.& March 9:00 – 9:45 PM
Oct.& Feb. 8:30 – 9:15 PM
Nov. to Jan. 8:00 – 8:45 PM