Your whale watching adventure starts from Reykjavik´s Old Harbour. In the whale watching tours you´ll see whales in their natural environment, often quite up close and personal. The friendly guides and captain point out where to spot the whales on the surface of the sea and give you interesting information about the different kinds of whales you can expect to see.
Our whale watching boat, Rósin (The Rose), offers an absolute innovation in whale watching adventures in Iceland. The boat is brand-new, it was built in 2010, and is a fast and luxurious whale watching boat, one of its kind in Iceland, providing security and luxury for all.
It is safe to name the trip Whale Watching Express as The Rose is quite a fast cruiser, taking less time to reach the adventure out to the whales. Therefore the whale watching adventures with Special Tours only take 2 – 2 ½ hours. Our passengers get the same amount of time whale watching, simply less time waiting!
We also have a whale watching boat called Andrea – the biggest whale watching boat in Iceland.She provides extra comfort, fantastic inside and outside viewing areas and a safe family-friendly enviromnment. Inside we have comfortable seating areas with big windows and a Café & Souvenir shop as well! You can also stay outside on our extra large viewing decks where everyone can find a spot by the railing and enjoy all the nature & beautiful scenery the tour has to offer!
- Special Tours has over 90% viewing success in summer & 80% in winter!
- If you don´t see a whale – you get another tour for free!
- Drinks & Snacks on board!
- Warm, floatable overalls provided for your comfort and safety
- Pick-up available in greater Reykjavik area (1000 ISK/6€)
- Wireless internet on board
- Safety is Special Tours number one priority
- Comfortable heated seating areas and large windows for viewing