One of the longest and most detailed afternoon Golden Circle offered
A well balanced trip in both pace and natural attractions. Excellent for those who want to get the most out of the day without waking up too early.
The Golden Circle is a mustsee for any visitor in Iceland. Most people who come to Iceland go therefore to see Gullfoss, Geysir and Þingvellir. During rush hour, it can be there for very crowded there. That’s why we go a bit later to avoid the biggest crowd. By going in the afternoon you will have more time and less people around to explore Iceland’s most visited attractions often called the Golden Circle Iceland.
The Thingvellir national park and a Unesco world heritage site where the two tectonic plates are slowly drifting apart. The Geysir hot spring area has the geyser Strokkur spouting hot water up to 20 meters high every 4 – 8 minutes. The Golden waterfall is at its best in the afternoon where you might spot a rainbow forming in the mist from the waterfall in the sunshine.
In this tour we fully utilize our knowledge of when the Golden Circle is the least busy.
Among our stops will be
- The volcanic landscape of Nesjavellir (May 26th – September 5th)
- Þingvellir UNESCO world heritage site and national park, where the old Viking parliament was founded.
- Gullfoss, the powerful waterfall created by Iceland’s melting glaciers.
- Geysir area with bubbling hot springs which frequently erupts water up to 25 meters in the air.
- Faxi is a pure spring river waterfall, a small one but with an extremely beautiful sight.
- Surprise stop along the way depending on your guide’s preference.
In those stops we will have short easy walks but we recommend anyways that you wear warm clothes.
- Professional English guidance
- Free hotel / guesthouse pickup in Reykjavík from 11:30 at winter time and 13:00 for the summer program.