Northern Lights from Old Harbour Reykjavík
Experience a hunt for the Northern lights on sea, escaping the lights of the city!
Northern Lights by boat! Hunting the northern lights from the ocean is an amazing experience; sailing away from the coastline of Reykjavik and seeing the aurora borealis out on the North-Atlantic ocean with beautiful mountains and the city lights in the backround is something you won’t forget.
In only 15-30 minutes we will be on a prime location away from the city lights, perfect for viewing the auroras.
The tour includes
- Free ticket to the Aurora Reykjavik – Northern Lights Center
- Northern lights boat tour (2 – 3 hours)
- Warm overalls for your comfort
- Wireless internet on board
- Drinks and snacks available for purchase
- If you join our tour and dont see the northern lights we offer you another ticket for free!
Free ticket to the Aurora Reykjavik included – Iceland´s first recreational Northern Lights Center where you can learn all about the Northern Lights – stories, facts and much more about the beautiful and magical Aurora Borealis!
When the Northern Lights forecast looks good – but it is too windy to go out on sea – we will still take our customers out for a northern lights tour on a bus – plus a chance to join our boat tour the next available day!
If your time is running out and the weather is not in our favor, you can exchange your ticket with for one of the following options:
- A Whale Watching Tour
- A Reykjavik City sightseeing tour, starting at the Aurora Reykjavik, Northern lights center!
- The adventure menu at Iceland’s most popular resturant, Kopar, starting with a welcome drink!
- A full refund.
- These tours are subject to favorable weather conditions.
- You can check with your hotel lobby around 6pm of the day to find out whether the tour will operate.
These tours are subject to correct weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to cancel the tour due to unfavourable weather conditions if need be.