If you prefer the convenience to enjoy Westman islands in a more personal and private way our private guided tours may be the best option. Eyjatours is able to create a tailor made private tour itinerary, either by a regular car, van or a brand new minibus.
Privately guided tour in a small van/car that will take you around the whole Westman islands with a local guide. We start the tour by picking you up, on your request and then we will head on to sprangan, where your guide will show you his amazing local skills. Spranga is like swinging in a rope from the cliff. You will get to explore the whole island and witness for example Icelandic sheeps, horses and puffins.
In this tour you will go to all the hot spots in Heimaey such as: Herjólfsdalur, Skansinn, Stórhöfði (the windiest place in Europe) and get to hear the amazing stories about our beautiful island and see the culture of the islander.
We will drive in the middle of the volcano Eldfell, where it all started and you will get to hear the whole story of the eruption 1973 and your guide will tell you his personal story of how the eruption affected his family back then.
- Sprangan – where you can see your guide do the islander local acrobatic
- Stórhöfði – the windiest place in Europe with loads of puffins and other seabirds
- Eldfell – you will be in the middle of a volcano
- Elephant rock – you will see the famous elephant rock
- Herjólfsdalur -you will see the ruins of the farmhouse of the first settler of Westman islands
- Skansinn- you will see the wooden viking church